Ward Manager - Surgical
Location – The Lister Hospital, Chelsea Bridge Rd, London SW1W 8RH
This role is a 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday - Day duty only
A highly competitive salary available + Benefits (pension, health cover, flexible benefits and excellent career development)
About the Role
As the Ward Manager within our Surgical Ward, you will need to have confidence in leading the 20-bedded unit, it’s patients and the staff within. You will be accountable for the standards of clinical care given to our service users as well educating, mentoring and motivating your workforce to continue striving to give the very best care possible. You will need to work closely with senior management to ensure we are maintaining the highest of standards.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and co-ordinate systems and processes which support delivery of the clinical governance agenda
- To lead and continuously develop an enthusiastic team focused on working together to achieve strategic goal
- Establish excellent standards of individual patient care.
- Delegate and prioritise work appropriately.
- Actively support agreed developments within the Hospital and the Organisation
- Encourage an environment and culture that promotes harmonious working relationships and values the individual contribution.
- Participate in the planning of off duty rotas considering skill mix, patient dependency, and key performance indicators
Skills & Experience:
- Hold a BSc (or equivalent) in Nursing and hold a current UK NMC registration
- Have a portfolio of relevant CPD
- Expertise in the field of General Surgery/Orthopaedics
- Ability to lead a team through changes in custom and practice
- Mentorship qualification
- Leadership skills
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care
The Lister Hospital and its outpatient centres are in the heart of Chelsea and have consistently provided care and treatment in London for over 30 years. We offer access to leading consultants from London's top teaching hospitals and contemporary treatment, with several highly specialised units including fertility, breast, gynaecology, orthopaedics and gastroenterology as well as cardiology.
If you would like to apply for this role, please click the apply button attached. For more information regarding the position, the Ward or Hospital or a Full Job Description, please contact the Recruiter overseeing this vacancy – firstname.lastname@example.org