Staff Nurse –Surgical
Location – The Lister Hospital, Chelsea Bridge Rd, London SW1W 8RH
This role is a 37.5 hours per week Monday – Sunday based on internal rotation and will be required to work, long days, nights and weekends.
Salary: £33,000 - £37,000 (dependent on experience) plus 9% shift enhancement & Benefits (pension, health cover, flexible benefits and excellent career development)
About the Role
You will be working within our surgical unit, planning, delivering and evaluating high standards of nursing care whilst working within a multidisciplinary team. You will also supervise and direct junior staff, as well as temporary staff. You’ll demonstrate good clinical practice at all times and to be accountable for your own actions, contributing to the setting of clinical standards, policy and procedures and research-based care and other practice development initiatives.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Demonstrate good clinical practice at all times and to be accountable for own actions
- Assess, plan and deliver care to meet patient and family needs
- Undertake extended roles such as IV cannulation, phlebotomy
- Contribute to research-based care and other practice development initiatives
- Contribute to the setting of clinical standards, policy and procedure
- Promote good communication channels amongst staff enhancing good team work
- Maintain a safe environment for patients and staff
- Deputise for senior staff in their absence, demonstrating leadership and management
Skills & Experience
- Registered Nurse Level 1
- NMC Registration and PREP requirements
- Post-graduate experience of a broad range of surgical procedures
- Basic life support
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private hospital group; providing award winning acute and complex care.
The Lister Hospital and its outpatient centres are located in the heart of Chelsea, and have consistently provided care and treatment in London for over 30 years. We offer access to leading consultants from London's top teaching hospitals and contemporary treatment, with several highly specialised units including fertility, gastroenterology and cardiology.
With 57 beds across three floors, we offer a specialised service, bespoke to our patient’s needs. Our six-bed critical care unit provides dedicated specialised care to seriously ill patients with a range of surgical or medical conditions.
If you would like more information regarding this vacancy before applying, please contact the Recruiter overseeing this post - email@example.com