Staff Nurse – Paediatric Critical Care Unit (PCCU)
The Portland Hospital, Great Portland Street, London
Full time 37.5 hrs per week (Long days, Nights & Weekends)
Salary £33,000 - £38,000 DOE, 9% shift enhancement for unsociable hours + Benefits (pension, private health cover, flexible benefits and excellent career development)
PICU Qualification bonus of up to £3000
We’re looking for a Staff Nurse to join our Paediatric Intensive Care unit at the Portland Hospital for Women & Children. The UK’s only private hospital dedicated to the healthcare needs of women, children and their families and currently rated “Good” by the CQC.
As a Staff Nurse in the Paediatric Intensive Care Unit, you’ll be part of a team providing high standards of holistic, patient focussed care. Working on a 1:1 Nurse to patient ratio and with extra support available at all times at HCA UK you’ll experience a caring, supportive environment with better facilities and more time where it counts, with your patients and their families.
About our unit:
- We’re a spacious, modern 14 bed unit and spread across 2 floors consisting of a mix of ITU and HDU beds
- Our team work with the latest technology and we’re continually investing in new equipment to provide the best care possible, such as our new EOSedge scanner
- Everyone on the department has 24/7 access to support from our team of leading Consultant Paediatric Intensivists
- We cover a variety of specialisms, giving our team exposure to a wide variety of cases including cardiac, neuro, spinal, gastro, orthopaedic, general, ENT and trauma
- Our team benefit from a comprehensive training and support system, so we’re able to take on both international and newly qualified nurses
What you’ll need:
- NMC-registered Children’s Nurse
- Previous experience within a Paediatric ICU, HDU or NICU environment
- Great communication skills
- Ability to work closely as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Care, compassion and empathy
The Portland Hospital
Internally renowned for clinical excellence, The Portland Hospital remains the only Private Hospital in the UK devoted to high quality, specialist care to women and children. We are proud to have developed the reputation as one of the world’s leading providers of private healthcare in Obstetrics (Maternity), Women’s health and Paediatrics.
Caring for over 40,000 children a year, we provide treatment for everything from general paediatric conditions to complex craniofacial reconstruction. We believe in providing an exceptional service to our patients and their families, and work with over 200 leading consultants from across the world to make that happen.