Cardiac Ward Manager
The Wellington Hospital, St Johns Wood, London
Salary range between £50,000 – £55,000 depending upon experience + pension, private health cover, flexible benefits and excellent career development.
As the Cardiac Ward Manager, you will be responsible for managing a clinical team who provide all aspects of patient care through the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care. The post holder will ensure that the care provided by nurses is delivered with compassion, quality and fulfils the clinical purpose of above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.
The 25 bedded ward involves Interventional Cardiology, Cardiothoracic surgery with some liver, vascular and robotics as well as cardiac/medical conditions that require continuous monitoring and treatment. This ward also includes 5 day-case beds with a high turnaround of patients.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Leading the clinical team on the planning and delivery of high standard nursing care for cardiac patients, acting as a clinical role model for all members of staff, driving high standards of care and assisting with coaching and development of the team
- Interact with inpatients to ensure their needs are being meet
- Contributing to research-based care and other practice development initiatives.
- Ensuring adequate staffing level for safe & effective nursing and provision of group.
- Assisting in the investigation of complaints & incidents, contributing to Clinical Governance
- Oversight of clinical policies
- Ensuring CQC clinical standards are met
- Lead on health and safety in the Clinical area
- Audit support
- Ensure the nursing team is compliant with the Wellington HCA UK policies and procedures.
- Working with training coordinators to ensure staff are adequately trained. Deliver training and development activities to the nursing team.
- Performance management of nursing staff, developing their potential and addressing poor performance including sickness absence
- Recording and interpreting ECG as well as care for patients with chest drains, Epidural PCA and Femoral sheath removal
Skills & Experience
- Registered General Nurse with full NMC registration.
- Leadership/mentoring experience.
- Experience in the field of Cardiology, Interventional Cardiology and/or Cardiothoracic surgery.
- Ability to recognise cardiac rhythms.
- Excellent communication skills with good time management skills and the ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to use initiative and be proactive
- Flexibility and a willingness to have ‘a hands on’ approach to work
About The Facility
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care.
The Wellington Hospital is the largest acute private hospital in the UK and has over four decades of expertise; providing the highest level of care for patients who are looking for the best treatment in key areas of healthcare, including: neurosurgery, spinal surgery, cardiac care, orthopaedics, acute neurological rehabilitation, gynaecology and cancer care.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Ward Manager to oversee our busy Cardiac ward. Our cardiac services are led by some of the UK’s top heart consultants, and supported by a highly skilled team of cardiac physiologists, radiographers and specialist nurses, giving the hospital the reputation for providing one of the largest private cardiology and cardiothoracic surgical programmes in Europe.
If you would like more information regarding this opening before applying, please contact the Recruiter overseeing this role - email@example.com