Senior Staff Nurse – Cardiology Ward
Location: London Bridge Hospital, London
Salary: Starting at £37,000 + 9% shift enhancements, Private Medical, Pension and many more benefits.
As deputy to the sister/charge nurse, the Cardiac Senior Staff Nurse is instrumental in ensuring the highest standards of clinical care are delivered. To be an advocate for the patient, working within the multidisciplinary team. Day to day smooth running of the unit working together with other clinical areas to ensure safe patient flow. Provide effective communication between all members of the multidisciplinary team. Ensure high levels of professional behaviour are adhered to at all times. To communicate effectively at all levels within the multi-disciplinary team. The post holder’s primary post will be within the Adult Cardiac Departments.
You will work within our Cardiac ward which is a fast paced 25 bedded unit specialising in angioplasties, pacemakers, defibrillators and acute cardiac/medical patients.
Duties and Responsibility:
- To take responsibility for the unit in the absence of the Sister or Ward Manager
- Ensure individualised care plans are in place for all patients in the designated clinical area.
- Ensure an ongoing welcoming, caring and safe environment is provided for patients and their families
- To supervise and support members of the ward team and ensure that all patients receive appropriate care
Skills and Experience
- NMC Registered Nurse (RN Adult)
- Relevant courses in Cardiology/Cardiothoracic are advantageous
- Experience of working with acute/chronically ill patients in a cardiac setting
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private hospital group; providing award winning acute and complex care.
Rated as 'outstanding' by the CQC, the London Bridge Hospital campus in South East London encompasses an outpatients and diagnostic centre in The Shard; the large world-class hospital based at the Tooley Street site; Private Care at Guys, which is on the top four floors of Guys Hospital Cancer Centre; and outpatient and diagnostic centres across the City, Canary Wharf and Kent.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, please contact the Recruiter overseeing the position - email@example.com