Priory Lichfield Road is a high dependency rehabilitation and recovery service set within a modern, purpose-built community-focused centre, specifically designed to support both males and females who have severe, complex and enduring mental health needs, which might include treatment-resistant conditions.
255 Lichfield Road compromises of:
- Two 4-bedded enhanced recovery and rehabilitation units for people who require a structured environment with intensive support to progress through their recovery pathway
- 20 self-contained apartments that enable residents to live independently, whilst having the safety of a therapeutic structure if required
- Each apartment has its own front door, a lounge and kitchenette, bedroom and a bathroom
- 24-hour support as required
- Dedicated occupational therapy facility to promote independent living skills
- Therapy and treatment areas, safe and private grounds and a family visiting room
- Communal bistro and kitchen
As part of our nursing team you will be working alongside a range of experienced and specialised professionals working towards providing high quality care within our patient focused Rehabilitation and Recovery setting. Our Service Users may include individuals with a diagnosis of severe and enduring mental illness including personality disorders
Our Ideal Candidate will ideally:
- Hold a relevant nursing qualification and registration ( RMN or RNLD )
- Have excellent team working skills, a high level of self-motivation and a flexible approach.
- A commitment to patient-centred care and to values-based and evidence-based practice
- The drive to continually push your own personal learning and development with the support of the team at Litchfield Road and the wider Priory Group Team.
- To be able to build effective and credible relationships both internally and externally
- Work collaboratively with others sharing ideas and information at all times
- Effectively build trust with a consistent approach between actions and words
- Have the ability to raise standards through innovation and new ideas
- Take responsibility for issues and resolve them.
- To be able to cope in difficult situations with tact and diplomacy
- To be able to build rapport and positively influence others
- To be able to inspire professionalism
Our Staff Nurse role involves:
- Providing leadership and support for support staff and act as a champion for residents' safety and dignity
- Maintaining skills and knowledge and ensure that care is delivered according to latest guidelines and best practice evidence available
- Ensuring the ongoing safety of service users, residents, staff and visitors through systematic assessment, monitoring and reviewing processes
- Ensuring that clear and accurate records and communication systems relating to clinical and care delivery are maintained and effectively used
- Acting as a role model for good clinical and care governance practice
- Taking charge of the unit regularly and, in the absence of the management team, accepting responsibility for the smooth and effective running of the unit
- Helping to maintain the security of the building and its environment
What we can offer you:
- A competitive salary
- 25 days' annual leave (increasing with length of service to a maximum of 30)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life insurance
- Opportunities to develop and progress in a wide variety of care settings.
- Free car parking
- Free on site meals
- Employee benefits scheme (e.g., discounted shopping vouchers, interest free Apple Products loan scheme)
- Full onsite induction training and orientation programme
Preceptor Nurses will be required to work day and night rotations until successful completion of preceptorship after which they may take up a permanent night post if preferred.
Priory Lichfield Road operates 24 hours 7 days a week, and our nursing staff work shift patterns including weekends, bank holidays and nights. A full time contract consists of working 32.25 hours (3 shifts) one week and 43 hours (4 shifts) the second week.
Long Day - 07:30am to 19:45pm
Night Shift - 19:30pm to 07:45am